Funded through an endowment to the Shelby County Education Foundation given by the James A. Jaques and Rosemary M. Jaques Charitable Trust, this competition is designed to stimulate the creation of “world class” art.
Each year students receive a modest cash award to help pursue their interest in art. The artwork submitted to the competition by the students selected for the award becomes the property of Shelby County Schools. Awards will be presented after the annual Race for Education.
- Current enrollment in a Shelby County School
- Current enrollment in an art course at the school
- Willingness for original work to become the property of Shelby County Education Foundation
- Interest in continuing to advance his/her interest in art
- Willingness to be interviewed by the selection panel.
Past Jaques Student Art Gallery Winners
Alfred Greene, Otneil Espinoso, Duenta Montague, Yafuea Johnson
and Jaden Gillion
Amber McCollum & Matthew Troups
Amy Baltensperger & Courtney Dianne Tipton
Amy Baltensperger & Abby McVay
Kaylyn Harris & Michelle Fair
Kelly Baldwin & Colton Bauer
Jing Sun & Kelsey Nichols